HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I am feeling particularly enlivened and inspired as I start this year. This has been such a powerful year for me of CREATION. I finally took the plunge and developed my own business from the ground up. This has allowed me to offer the kind of work that most inspires and nourishes me. It feels amazing to really be offering my full gifts into the world. I just love the creativity and depth I get to bring into my individual work with clients and the classes and workshops I offer. The essence of my work is becoming more and more clear: Radical Acceptance Through Embracing Our Shadows. This phrase includes both Mindfulness and Shadow Work® and really speaks to the connection between the two. You can check out my Free Talk at Ashland Public Library on February 3rd to hear more about what this phrase really means to me and how it is the essence of my work.
There is so much I am GRATEFUL for from this year. My family and friends have given hours of time and heaps of energy to help me think about my work and bring it out into the world. February 2013 saw the birth of a wonderful partnership with my mother, Zoe Alowan, in offering our newly created PaintDanceSing workshop. Our retreat was so well received that we offered two more within just a few months and are getting ready to offer our 4th retreat at the end of February. Our workshop has a new name- “Creative Acts of Power”- and is now open to all genders. The dates are February 28th-March 2nd. See the flyer below for more details!
I am also very grateful for all my clients this year. I have been so delighted to work with motivated adults who are willing to dive deep and explore their inner landscapes. It is a new experience for me to feel so greatly enlivened by my work. This is in large part due to the quality of the people I get to work with as clients.
I am grateful for all the opportunities I’ve had this year to share my passions with my community and for all of you who showed up to make these events a success.
– Public Talks at both the Ashland Public Library and the Ashland Food Co-op
– Sensuality workshop at Love Revolution
– Stress Management Class for SOU’s Music Department
– Monthly classes on Radical Acceptance and the Four Archetypes of Shadow Work®
– Three PaintDanceSing retreats
– My annual ReWilding the Body retreat
AND, I am so excited for these next steps for 2014:
- A new website with a Blog
- An interview in the February issue of the Locals Guide
- Another Free Public Talk at Ashland Public Library
– The Creative Acts of Power Retreat in late February
– A new series of 1st Monday classes on Radical Acceptance of Our Emotions (Sadness, Joy, Anger, and Fear) starting in March
– 3rd Mondays Mindfulness Groups
– Developing and Facilitating an Online ReWilding the Body Course
– Offering Despair & Empowerment Groups in Joanna Macy’s tradition
– and much much more!